I was very not thrilled to get a message from DD last night about a COVID-19 alert being issued on the Northern Beaches.
A woman in her 60s and a man in his 70s – who are close contacts of each other – have been infected. And geez they got around.
NSW Health reckons anyone who was at the following places should get tested and isolate for 14 days, even if they receive a negative test result:
- Hungry Ghost Cafe, Avalon, on December 13 between 9:30am and 11:00am and again on December 15 between 9:30am and 11:00am
- Palm Beach female change rooms on December 13 between 9:00am and 9:15 am
- Coast Palm Beach Cafe, Palm Beach, on December 13 between 10:00am and 11:00am
- Avalon Bowlo (bowling club) on December 13 between 5:00pm and 7:00pm and again on December 15 between 3:00pm and 5:00pm
- Sneaky Grind Cafe, Avalon Beach, on December 14 between 9:30am and 11:00am
- Barramee Thai Massage and Spa, Avalon Beach, on December 14 between 2:00pm and 2:30pm
- Bangkok Sidewalk Restaurant, Avalon Beach, on December 14 between 7:00pm and 8:00pm
People who visited the following venues have been told they should get tested and isolate until they receive a negative result:
- Oliver’s Pies, Careel Shopping Village, Avalon Beach, on December 14 between 9:00am and 9:15am
- Bing Lee, Mona Vale, on December 14 between 4:30pm and 4:45pm
- Woolworths, Avalon Beach, on December 13 between 12:00pm and 5:00pm and on December 15 between 12:00pm and 12:30pm.
Fortunately I haven’t been to any of those places on any of those days. I had a narrow escape with Palm Beach, as I was there on December 12. December 13 was spent in Silverwater, on DD’s deck and at a Chinese restaurant in Newport. Phew.
I feel a bit sorry for all the people who have been told to isolate over Christmas. How upset would you be about that? And it’s a bit of a worry that the Avalon pair haven’t been connected to any other known cases.
In happier news, the immediate family of a Sydney van driver who became infected with COVID-19 have all tested negative to COVID-19.
COVID-19 is a sneaky bugger, always popping up just when you think everything is under control. But it’s a bit hard to be completely in the clear with so many international travellers flying home.
I was previously very hard arse about the issue, saying we should stop the flights because there’s been plenty of time to get home. But I’ve read so many sad stories about people who’ve been trying desperately all year to get a ticket. So I don’t know what the answer is to keeping us safe.
Song of the day: Ben Lee “Catch my disease”