School holidays mean six weeks with occasionally bored, always hungry kids underfoot. Why not kill two birds with one stone and do some pizza decorating – and eating – together. Here are some of my favourite suggestions from around the globe.
1. How fab are these mummy pizzas (above) from Parents.com?
2. Americans love their spooky pizzas, especially around Halloween, but it doesn’t have to be October 31 to try making these, go to Rusty & Rosy for instructions.
3. Speaking of spooky, I like the simplicity of this eyeball pizza from Froggleblog, just some mozzarella balls, pizza sauce and olives.
4. Healthy, Happy Life has created a vegan Angry Birds pizza. But you could easily make a meaty version.
5. How about a Yoda pizza? No idea where the original came from, but it’s fab … Mmmmmmm!!! Eat it, you must!
8. Get festive with these Christmas tree and candy cane pizzas from SheKnows.
9. Or use cookie cutters to make these from Kara.
10. How about this for a weird idea – Pizza Cones. With the Pizzacraft Grilled Pizza Cone Set, you can take your pizza making to a whole new level. Why eat flat pizza when you can pretend it’s ice-cream?
PS And from the too hard basket … Papa John’s commissioned a food artist in the United Kingdom to create a unique mosaic pizza portrait of Prince William and Kate Middleton to celebrate their marriage on April 29. Kate’s veil is made from mushrooms and her dress from cheese, while William’s morning suit was made with salami and peppers.
And whatever you do, don’t let the kids talk you into this one …