Eric Danes sues neighbour Billy Corgan
Grey’s Anatomy star Eric Dane is stoushing with his neighbour, Smashing Pumpkins singer Billy Corgan, over a tree. How suburban of them.
Reports TMZ: ”Eric and his wife Rebecca Gayheart filed the lawsuit in L.A. County Superior Court — claiming one of Billy’s trees came crashing through their Beverly Hills home during a nasty storm last year … flooding the house … and breaking a giant power line.
“Thanks to the fallen tree, Eric claims Rebecca — nine months pregnant at the time — had to evacuate a “quickly flooding” home while dodging live high-voltage wires.
“Eric claims Billy had been warned about the dangerous eucalyptus trees on his property and failed to take action.
“But Billy tells TMZ, that’s “patently untrue” … insisting he was never warned about his dangerous trees and didn’t realize they posed a threat until it was too late.
“As soon as the accident happened, Billy says he called an expert to have similarly dangerous trees removed from his property. Billy calls the lawsuit “a shame … because [Eric and Rebecca] are nice people.”
Rihanna & Chris Brown caught snogging
Rihanna has been partying with her at NYC hotspot Griffin. E!Online reports: “At one point during the night, Brown climbed over his table to join Rihanna at hers. She then proceeded to take off his shirt before they began dancing and making out, according to an eyewitness at the club.
“Following their PDA dance session, Brown left the club just before 4 a.m., with Rihanna hitting the road about five minutes later.
“Brown is still on probation for his infamous beatdown of Rihanna in 2009. They have remained close, however, exchanging birthday tweets in recent months and even sharing a friendly peck during last month’s MTV Video Music Awards.”
Olivia Newton-John & John Travolta reunite
Thirty-five years after Grease, John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John have reunited to make an album, This Christmas: John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John.
“My desire was to make This Christmas an intimate album, not something too ostentatious or showy,” John said. “I wanted people to be able to play it around the house or in the car during the holidays, and make us part of your celebration.”
“It just fell into place. With our busy schedules, I don’t know how we got it done,” Olivia added.
Barbra Streisand, Kenny G and Tony Bennett will reportedly appear on the album as well.
Proceeds will benefit the Jett Travolta Foundation and the Olivia Newton-John Cancer and Wellness Centre in Melbourne, Australia.
It goes on sale November 13. Pre-order your copy now.
(I’m particularly taken with John’s hair. It’s quite something.)
Shane Warne: Twit legend
Shane Warne is on fire with his tweets this morning. Here are some of my favourites:
“I don’t get drunk, I get awesome !!!!”
“Kissing is cool, but such a dumb word. Face battle sounds way cooler !!!!”
“What’s blue and not heavy? Light blue !”
“I just peed so hard, I laughed a little….”
Liz, Liz, Liz … why?
Hot pics & clicks
* Liam Neeson stripped to a pair of hot-pink jocks on The Ellen DeGeneres Show this week to raise money for breast cancer research during Breast Cancer Awareness Month. A female fan – and a breast cancer survivor – was chosen to throw pink balls at a target that would trigger a container of water to be dumped on the actor. The stunt raised $20,000.
* Awwww Jessica Alba and Cash Warren‘s younger daughter Haven, 13 months, is so cute in this Twitter pic with the family pug, Sid.
* Remember when Britney Spears‘ sister Jamie Lynn Spears had a baby at age 17? Maddie’s now a cute 4-year-old and her mum has shared this pic via Instagram of the tot recreating her aunt’s famous Catholic school girl look from the 1998 music video “…Baby One More Time” to celebrate “celebrity day” at her school.
* Sheryl Crow’s house is on the market for $16million. Check out the pics here.
* “And THAT’s a Wrap! Terrance Howard and me in our goodbye ‘love scene’” writes Oprah Winfrey on Twitter about her latest movie role in The Butler.
* Wow, Winona Ryder looks so different with hair extensions in her new movie role opposite Jason Statham in Homefront.
* Sofia Vergara discusses her boobs in the latest issue of Lucky magazine: “I am not there to look intelligent. I want to show all this off while I still have it.” She adds: “I already know I am going to get a breast lift. Then, maybe one day, when I am done with being sexy, I will just get rid of them.” (She also models her latest collection of clothing and accessories for Kmart.)
* Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin snog at her 40th birthday party in Italy.