The Mag I Bought This Week Award goes to …
The Macquarie Dictionary tells me “brave” means “possessing or exhibiting courage or courageous endurance”. Both Woman’s Day and New Idea are bandying the word around on their Princess Kate covers this week.
And there’s something about it that bothers me. I think it over-eggs the pudding slightly. It’s not what comes to mind when I think about “bravery”.
I suppose it does take intestinal fortitude to continue your Royal tour knowing everyone’s Googled your bare boobs. And yes, yes, it’s appalling she was photographed on private property. Such moral bankruptcy blah, blah …
But I don’t think it’s terribly regal to sunbathe topless when you’re the future Queen of England. I expect a little more decorum from my potential monarchs, whether they think anyone can see them or not.
So which magazine won The Mag I Bought This Week Award?
Click over to Village Voices to find out …
Clicks & snips from the Emmys
It’s Emmys night in Los Angeles. Here are some early tidbits from the event …
* Claire Danes looked amazing in vivid yellow on the red carpet before winning the Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama statuette. In fact, McDonalds yellow was the colour du jour at the Emmys, wore by stars including Julianne Moore, Julie Bowen, Hannah Simone, Kailey Cuoco, Leslie Mann and Kelli Garner.
* Nicole Kidman admitted she’d be cheering Keith Urban‘s role in American Idol from afar: ”This year I’m in France. I’m playing Grace Kelly, actually,” she explained. (She’s slated to star as late Princess Grace in Grace of Monaco.) She looked suitably regal in a white column dress by Berardi.
* Leslie Mann joked about getting husband Judd Apatow ready for the awards: ”I have to shave his neck and do the slow fade down his back so it looks natural.”
* Kelly Osborne looked amazing with her matching lilac dress and hair.
Full House reunion
The cast of Full House, including Bob Saget (Danny), Dave Coulier (Joey), John Stamos (Jesse), Candace Cameron Bure (D.J.), Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie), Lori Loughlin (Becky), Scott Weinger (Steve) and Andrea Barber (Kimmy) reunited over the weekend for the 25th anniversary of the show’s 1987 premiere. The only stars missing? Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, who played the youngest Tanner daughter, Michelle.
Too uncool for such hipster?
The gang even had a Full House-themed cake to celebrate.
“Love my Full House family. Full heart,” Andrea commented on Twitter, adding later, “I just danced to three NKOTB songs in a row with @candacecbure and @JohnStamos. Life is complete!”
How can John Stamos still look that young? It’s freaky.
PS There’s a video of DJ and Kimmy singing at the event, with flowers as microphones. After watching it, I’m guessing they were a little sloshed …
Amanda Bynes charged again
People magazine reports: ”The actress, 26, whose car was impounded on Sept. 16, was charged on Friday with two counts of driving on a suspended license, according to documents filed in the Los Angeles Superior Court.”
Meanwhile, TMZ says: “Amanda Bynes‘ management team is abandoning ship — her agent, publicist and entertainment lawyer have all dropped the actress as a client in the past couple of weeks … Sources connected to Bynes tell us … all 3 people are telling similar stories — Bynes was a dream client for years … but she became extremely difficult in the past 12 months, some say uncontrollable. One source tells us the management team hasn’t been able to get in touch with Bynes for the past month — no phone calls, no visits, nada.”
Emmys host Jimmy Fallon joked to Ryan Seacrest on the red carpet: “I’m just happy to be alive, I just gotta be honest—Amanda Bynes gave me a ride over. I am just happy to be here.”
Hot pics & clicks
* Kim Kardashian posted this pic on her official site with the caption: “Happy birthday to my friend Nicole Richie. Many of you may not know that we’ve known each other for many years. I found this pic of us at Nicole’s 14th birthday party! Awww, the memories.”
* British model Agyness Deyn and Giovanni Ribisi make out in a grocery store. Dlisted vents his revulsion and shows the pics here.
* Jon Hamm and Adam Scott in green screen leggings via Buzzfeed.
* David Hasselhoff and his former shop-assistant girlfriend Hayley Roberts dress up as Lord and Lady of the Manor to celebrate her birthday.
* Kim Kardashian checks out a story about her sister on the cover of Aussie OK magazine.
* “Daddies second nappy change…Teddy‘s second day on the planet” Robbie Williams tweeted along with this pic of his new bub. Awwww.
* Jim Carrey‘s been spotted in military costume and a mask on the set of Kick Ass 2.
* Eva Longoria has stripped off for a new arty coffee-table book Asleep at the Château. Her butt is AMAZING.
* Natalie Portman has gone blonde!
* Check out what housemaid Anna from Downton Abbey looks like in real-life here.
* Wow! Who knew Joseph Gordon-Levitt was hiding this sexy chest? He exposed it during a Magic Mike skit on Saturday Night Live.